In the spirit of the MySQL Pluggable Storage Engines the proxy has a plugin infrastructure now.
The main goal was to cleanup the code so what the admin part and the proxy itself can be loaded at runtime.
The new code-layout looks like
- mysql-proxy.c (codename: the cauldron)
- takes care of the command line options
- signal handling
- win32 service handling (not done yet)
- provides the mainloop and everything for the socket and protocol handling
- the old admin interface
- the well known proxy itself
Now you can plugin your own modules if you like and only load those modules that you really want.
The next step is making the admin module more useful. I'll keep you updated.